Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Promenade

Every single evening that I possibly can, I sneak out of the house (of course, I announce that before I go :P) and make my way to the winding, worn-out, weather-beaten walking track near my house.






















This promenade is my personal pensieve. (Harry Potter reference, check the post script for more information) While it isn't the most picturesque place in the world, seeing how the traces of garbage and dirt piles destroy the otherwise pristine park, it's the one place where I can actually bring myself to do nothing but think. In the privacy of the peaceful promenade, with amazing background music streaming into my head from my earphones, I somehow tend to become more perceptive than usual- it's a place of perpetual perfectness for me. In the midst of portly men and peppy ladies, I feel more than comfortable with my anonymity. I am quite possessive about that place, which is why not many of friends are allowed to accompany me on my hour long walks. There used to be one, a special friend, who was permitted to join me every now and then, but since I realized what a jerk he was, I walk alone. 


PS: A pensieve is an object used to review memories in the Harry Potter series. Here's an excerpt from 'The Goblet of Fire', which explains it more fully:

"I use the Pensieve. One simply siphons the excess thoughts from one's mind, pours them into the basin, and examines them at one's leisure. It becomes easier to spot patterns and links, you understand, when they are in this form."

Harry: "You mean... that stuff's your thoughts?"
Dumbledore: "Certainly."

PPS: I'm sure that person whom I used to walk with has realized why there are so many words beginning with the letter 'P' in the previous paragraphs.

PPPS: Here are a couple more pictures of the place itself, and believe me when I tell you they are not photo-shopped. (Except for the one above this) It's just a red tube light which makes the place look so haunted at night, and I must say I'm absolutely in love with the idea of it being haunted.

The photograph below is of the track itself. Yes, I walked on that. No, the ground did not fall beneath my feet, nor did it disintegrate into a gazillion pieces. I survived the highway to hell. :)

No comments: